1a. Throughout The Next Forever, characters keep secrets from other characters. When is it okay to keep secrets?
1b. Have you ever kept a secret from a friend or family member because you thought it was the right thing to do?
2a. Early in the novel, Victoria’s friends express their concern about her involvement with the Eirenekals. Are they right to say something?
2b. Have you ever told a friend you were concerned about her/him and the choices s/he was making? How did that conversation turn out?
3. When they first arrive in 1811, Tori challenges Reece about why Neelema must pretend to be a companion instead of a princess (or someone of higher social rank). What does that discussion reveal about these characters and the societies in which they were raised?
4. If you could meet a relative from your past, who would it be and why?
5. Later in the novel, Nicolai tells Tori, “Find a man’s weakness, and he can be convinced to commit unspeakable crimes.” Do you agree with this statement?
6. At one point, Charles thinks, “Every villain was the hero of his own grave tale.” How might Laverna see herself as a hero? What about Treacher?
7. In which London would you prefer to live: 1811, 1926, or 2015? Why?
8. If the Love Across Londons series was made into a movie or TV show, who would you cast in the various roles?