I still remember the first time I ate one of these which was more than 20 years ago. Bliss! The recipe is so easy, I’m not even breaking it down too much. The three ingredients are mentioned in the directions. These muffins are always a huge hit at work, parties, etc.
SERVINGS per recipe: 12 supersized super-yummy muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine one 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree and one box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix. Stir until blended.
2. Add one 10 oz bag of Toll House Mini Morsels. Stir until combined. (Don’t go too overboard with mixing. There may be a few tiny clumps of the cake mix after everything is more or less combined.)
3. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and distribute the batter evenly. (The cups will be VERY full.)
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on muffins during the last 5 minutes to prevent burning. Remove from oven and transfer immediately to a cooling rack.
5. Let muffins cool until you can’t stand it any longer and devour. Let cool completely before transferring to plastic container (3 days max) or the freezer (3 months max).
NOTE: You can make 18 smaller muffins by filling the muffin cups only 3/4 full. They aren’t quite as dramatic, but if you need to stretch the recipe, it works. Just cut the cooking time by five minutes and keep an eye on the last 5 minutes as before. (Ovens do vary.)
This also makes a fun DIY gift basket with the three ingredients and recipe instructions.